If you’re expecting in the heat of the summer, we know you want to stay cool and looking chic while doing it!
Here is our list of the top 10 must-haves for any mama-to-be.
1. The Stripe Tee. You may think that a stripe tee would be off limits if you’re pregnant, but this is actually the time to have fun with different prints and colors because it will only help to show off the baby bump! Pair your favorite stripe tee with cute lace shorts for a fun, summer look.
2. The Comfy Sandal. The last thing you want to worry about is your feet hurting in the summer heat. Look for sandals that are comfortable, yet fashionable in fun hues like mint, peach or yellow!
3. The Tribal Clutch. You may as well carry clutches while you can, because when baby comes, they won’t be in your future for at least four years! The tribal print is right on trend for the season and will match with lots of color combos.
4. The Cute Panty. You may not be able to wear your sexy lingerie while your expecting, but who says you can’t still sport some cute panties? Look for comfortable and seamless styles that come in girly prints like polka-dot, stripes or floral.
5. The Wrap Dress. Every woman (preggo or not) should own at least one great wrap dress. This classic style is easy to wear and will keep you cool as the weather gets warmer. Bold colors like fuchsia, kelly green or cobalt blue are great options because they are more fashion-forward than traditional black.
6. The Mascara. Water proof mascara is a must for any gal in the summer months, but it’s an essential for any mommy-to-be. Not only will it instantly make you look put together, but it will also stay put during those extra emotional moments, like when The Notebook pops up on Stars.
7. The Calming Candle. Every woman strives to have a stress-free pregnancy, so what better way to relax than with a lightly scented candle? Be sure to look for brands that are as natural as possible and that don’t irritate your newly heightened senses.
8. The Shaper. We’re huge fans of Spanx. We think that everyone should own a pair (or two!). Did you know that they also make styles for pregnant women? Wear them under everything from jeans to dresses. They’ll keep your bump and silhouette nice and smooth.
9. The Bling. Carrie Bradshaw was hardly ever seen without her signature “Carrie” necklace hanging from her neck. Why not share your excitement with the world by declaring your new titile with a chic necklace?
10. The Mint Pant. Colored denim is huge this season and happens to look super stylish when accessorized with a baby bump. Pair your candy-colored pants with a floral top or a cute jean jacket for a night out on the town.